Saturday, May 2, 2009

Desk Ducks


It's been a week. A whole damn week since I've written here. I made a promise to myself. I make promises to everyone, but the promises I make to myself don't seem to count. Like some how what I want to do for myself just isn't as important as all the shit I do for everyone else. Yeah, it sounds whiny, and you know what, it is. But if I can't whine here, were the fuck can I?


So the ducks and chicks are just about two weeks old. They've more than doubled in size and I can't imagine how we'll keep them inside for another six weeks. They're already hopping/flying out of their little box. I think we'll have to put a screen on the top by tomorrow, or my entire office will be covered in chicken shit. So far there are a few spots they've not pooped on. I'm hoping this little adventure into farming would be what I need to finally clean out my office and throw some shit away. (And not just chicken shit)


I want my office to be as organized as my mind. In my mind all my information is neatly shelved and easily accessible. My office, not like that at all. It's an amazing example of stacking, bridging and not moving too quickly. The only spot in my office that's clean is the place were the desk ducks sit!

No comments:

Post a Comment