Sunday, April 19, 2009

They're here!




And just like that I wake up and find chickens in my yard. Seems the fever induced dream I was having this afternoon where Mike wakes me up from sickbed to tell me for a mere $100 he can get a chicken coop, and seven chickens…guess it wasn’t a dream! No little chicks to hatch, or cute little fuzzy babies…just full grown, albeit little, chickens. On the up side, they have been handled and loved, so they don’t seem too freaked out by Mason and everyone else holding them. They also seem fine with the beagles.


In addition to the chickens this afternoon, Miss Peeka asked if she could dye her hair like the sister Jessica. Well, more like Danielle, since Danielle was getting pink highlights and Jess was trying not to be a blonde. (Please insert blonde joke here…) Now my four year old has punky pink highlights. I wish I could say I thought long and hard about letting her do that. But I didn’t. She asked and I said sure. There are some things that just don’t matter in a grand scheme of things. Hair dye will wash out or grow out. The memory of Jessica dying her hair will last, well, hopefully longer than the dye! Of course I’ve documented every moment, so even if she does forget, I’ve got plenty of pictures on a multitude of websites.


I’ll let you know more about the chickens as soon as I learn more about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment