Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lexapro monorail


I just feel rather blank today. It's been chilly and raining all day. I got up early, still coughing and losing my voice. I should just face the fact I am not a morning person and should not plan to go anything in the mornings.


Who decided mornings were so wonderful? Why not the night? What do you do when you're most awake at night comfortable in the little circle light you work in while the rest of the world spins by in darkness and shadow? I tried, not often and with limited success, to accommodate the daytime world. Inevitably I stay up just an hour later, then another hour and before I know it I'm trying to figure out how I can make the next day with five hours sleep. Maybe longer days, like a 36 hour day, giving me a solid 24 hours to do stuff and then a 12 hour crash.


I love a 12 hour crash. Just sleeping and dreaming and waking and sleeping and dreaming again. I am always amazed at the dreams that feel so real when I'm having them. They're odd, but no more so than my daily life, but somethings just slightly off...I'm Peeka's sister or the dogs start talking to me. Hey, it could happen.


Lately most of my dreams are about falling in love, or just starting a new relationship. That giddy, light as air, everything is amusing time when you can only see the person they want you to see. The first date. The first weekend you spend in bed watching John Hughes films and he claims to get it, or at least the tough misunderstood guy. It's only later you find out he was really the dweeb.


I'm not sure why I'm dreaming about that. My meds keeps me pretty level, so I don't' really think I would have those ups and downs. There are hardly any roller coaster extremes on the Lexapro Monorail. At this point in my life, I think the monorail is all I could handle...just a straight shot anywhere I need to go...no more rapid heart beatings, fluttering of new love, just watching in happen on my couch. (I bet you were wondering what the picture had to do with all this!) So maybe it's envious moment of Danielle and Bennett that causes the dreams or maybe it's the erotic vampire novels I read before falling asleep...it's hard to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment