Thursday, April 16, 2009

Girls Day Out


This is our third week of Girls Day Out! The first week, well, it was heaven. Peeka and I had a the perfect day. Hair cut for her, Monsters VS Aliens at the movies, consignment shopping then out for dinner...and not at her favorite McDonald's, but out for Lo Mien noodles at our favorite Chinese place. Not bad for a day with a four and half year old.




Last week we added Danielle to the party. We shopped at Michael's, getting all crafted up. Then on to some ice cream from Jakes...oh yummerific! Back to the consignment shop and then home. Also a delightful day.




This week, after planning and anticipating all week, Peeka turned into the devil child I always feared. The one that caused me to take a part time job so I could miss her! It sucked ass! She wanted to get her nails painted. We got there and she had a hissy fix and lay face down on the bench refusing to have her nails done. We should have gone home, but we plunged onward. To the Mall. I can't even begin to explain my dislike of the Mall, but I thought Danielle and Peeka might like it. Besides, I'd heard Danielle loves Cinnabons and it's only place I know that has them. More hours of ass sucking fun, minus one hundred dollars I can barely remember spending, I can't take it any more and text Mike to have him call Peeka and ask her to behave.




Let's just say that just amused her. "I be good Daddy," she says looking at me like she's going to fill my purse with Sprite the second I look away. "I be good for Mom. We're having lots of fun." She says goodbye and before I can ask how that went she slides under the table and tries to escape. I talked to Daddy and begged him to meet us for ice cream so I could hand her off! I know when I've reached my limit!




So if you're day out with the kids, friends, friends of family starts out with them in this position...just go home! Now. Unless you're the reason they're face down and unresponsive and you have some nefarious purpose...if that' s the case, I don't want to know! I'm just sayin'...


No comments:

Post a Comment